'Please Wait' Messages

Subject: 'Please Wait' Messages
From: Randy Burleson <Randii -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 00:05:06 -0500

I'd prefer the 'Please Wait for....' messages, as noted by others here, to be
short and to the point, without references to my expected mood.

More specifically, I'd like them to include a definite quantitative reference
to the duration. Failing that, I desire some sort of bar graph that updates
to show progress.
I know these can be ugly to code into software, but I like knowing that my
software is at work, an how long I need to allow. Microsoft Word for PC has
an annoying habit of freezing during long processes with an icon on screen to
show Word is working. I frequently wonder whether Word has crashed yet
again, or whether I should wait just a moment longer.