Error Message Formats

Subject: Error Message Formats
From: Tamara Peters <1455 -at- MN2 -dot- LAWSON -dot- LAWSON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 10:29:00 CDT

I am starting a new troubleshooting section for an existing manual, and I am
seeking advice on how to format these things. I can divide most of the
information into "Message/Possible Problem/Solution," but I am open to other
ideas on how to organize this information. Can anyone share any comments or
examples of formats (tables, lists, etc.) that worked well?

Thanks!

********
Tamara Peters
Technical Communicator, Unix Universe Research and Development
Lawson Software
Minneapolis, MN

tamara -dot- peters -at- lawson -dot- com