Re: What Degree Would You Get?

Subject: Re: What Degree Would You Get?
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 08:06:00 PDT

> If you could go to school for anything right now, starting with a
> clean slate, what would you like to get your degree in (assuming you
> are presently a Tech Writer and cost isn't an issue).

Kelly: having faced this problem myself, I can tell you the degree I went
after: an MBA. I've
found that business issues are the toughest dilemmas that I face, and the
extra weight on my resume helped immensely in my job search. It is nice to
be able to talk about qualifications other than grammar and punctuation,
especially when working for a small company, where the interviewee will be
wearing many hats if hired.

Garret H. Romaine
Portland, Oregon
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com