Re: Contractions&NonEnglishReaders

Subject: Re: Contractions&NonEnglishReaders
From: Digest Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 18:52:02 -0700

Take them out; and please remember this:
don't do it anymore. It will drive the
translator who trying to put your concepts
and ideas into Chinese, or any other
language, almost nuts.

Cheers. (Now, try translating that into good ole
'merican English.) :-)

E. Winters 510-843-0909 ewinters -at- netcom -dot- com
Information_Mapping.........Non_Linear_Instructional_Design
Cross_Cultural_Issues...Interactivity.....Writing_&_Editing

On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, Daniel John Brinegar wrote:

> > Author : Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
> > Subject : Re: Contractions
> > Written : 04/06/95.05:52am
> >
> > I too have heard the old rule that contractions are not allowed in tech
> [snip]>
> > If you want to set an informal tone in your manuals, I say, "go for it."
It's