Re: What degree would you get?

Subject: Re: What degree would you get?
From: "W. M." <stinky5 -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 10:27:12 -0700

I agree with some of you: I'd take more courses in computer science, since
most of my *extra* work and writing involves computers. But I wouldn't need
a degree in it.

I have a degree in History (for myself) and one in English (for tech
writing). Maybe I'd exchange the English for a Tech Writing degree -- and if
cost is no concern in this day-dream -- I'd have to relocate to get it. But
I sure did enjoy the literature ... Nah, I wouldn't change anything.

>>point>> I learned very little about technical writing in school. One or
two courses gave me all I needed. From there, my education came from doing
it and studying what others were doing. I always take a look at user
documentation and make note of new tricks in formatting, what I don't like
that someone's tried, etc. This mail list is even useful (threads on
contractions, and so on -- btw, I do it, sparingly).

But I *would* go to college. Before I got my "sheepskins," I didn't get much
work.

W. Michaels