Re: Refresh vs Update

Subject: Re: Refresh vs Update
From: Paul David Marvel <marvel -at- STRAUSS -dot- UDEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 1995 10:09:40 -0400

Robert:

> Do you really mean to say that you have an application that doesn't
> update the screen as changes are made, which you think is geared toward
> non-technical users?

I don't know about the program in question, but this is common. For
example, a sales rep might enter a customer's ID number and product codes
to fill out an order. S/he then presses enter and the program looks up and
displays the customer's name, address, names of the products, an order
number, etc. Something I've seen that works well is to say "press enter to
verify the information." Once they've done this once it becomes
intuitive.

Regards,

-paul

marvel -at- brahms -dot- udel -dot- edu