Re: Downstyle headings

Subject: Re: Downstyle headings
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 11:35:52 -0400

I use initial caps for main words in headings (is this what you call up and
down style?). I found that this method seems to help a
reader pick out the key words in the headings when scanning a document or
on-line help) . However, I introduce procedures in each section with what I
call a procedural heading that uses bold text, first letter initial cap:
Example of procedural heading: <bold>To install the software:<plain>
1.
2.
What were the compelling arguments you mention?

Laurie Rubin
lmr -at- syl -dot- nj -dot- nec -dot- com