Re: Seeking Xerox Docutech & Kodak Lionheart info

Subject: Re: Seeking Xerox Docutech & Kodak Lionheart info
From: Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:02:00 PDT

Rick,

We are using FrameMaker (Windows) and Docutech for on-demand printing of our
software manuals. To produce them, I print the FrameMaker files to
Postscript files, send the Postscript files to the printer, and voila! In
about two weeks, we receive the perfect-bound books. (The two-color covers
must be printed earlier.)

We are very happy with the results so far (we've done only four books this
way to date), especially with the appearance of our screen captures. Of
course, my secret for them is to use a rather wild, "Easter egg" color
scheme--specifically, yellow, magenta, cyan, and light green; these seem to
produce excellent gradations of gray from our laser printers and Docutech
both. (Note, however, that the Docutech seems to print somewhat lighter than
laser printers.)

As for fulfillment, we are currently putting together the total packages in
house. However, we are dealing with a vendor who can take that over for us
once the volume increases.

In any case, I can recommend Docutech highly. If you--or anyone else on this
list--want further information, please feel free to email or phone me
directly.

--Heli
Heli L. Roosild (703/904-3127) Network Imaging Systems
helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon VA 22070

----------
From: framers-request
To: framers; TECHWR-L
Subject: Seeking Xerox Docutech & Kodak Lionheart info
Date: Tuesday, April 11, 1995 3:07PM

My company is exploring using a Xerox Docutech (with USI's Documetrix) or
Kodak Lionheart system for on-demand printing. Does anyone have any
experience,
war stories, testimonials, etc. using this system? Especially in light of
kitting, pic-pack-ship, etc.

We're using FrameMaker on Macs with a Novell network.

Please e-mail response to me, directly.

TIA,

_______
Rick Sapir Gilbarco, Inc. / / _____
Technical Communicator Greensboro, NC | | | _ |
Rick_Sapir -at- grotto -dot- mux -dot- eng -dot- gilbarco -dot- com \ \__/ / |