Use of sans serif in Europe

Subject: Use of sans serif in Europe
From: Daniel Strychalski <dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 11:20:22 +0800

Geoff Hart and Gary Zinter have said that European public media employ
sans serif fonts more extensively than North American publications. That
may be so, but of the dozen or so European computing magazines I just
checked -- from France, Germany, Spain, and Italy -- only one (an Italian
monthly) uses sans serif for body text.

Geoff specifically mentioned Scandinavia, which I have no way to check.
Whatever we do, we mustn't lump all European countries in one pile! The
situation is very different from that in North America.
Dan Strychalski
dski -at- cameonet -dot- cameo -dot- com -dot- tw