Re: Typgraphic Literacy

Subject: Re: Typgraphic Literacy
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 06:43:00 PDT

>Begging the question: How does a hard working, no freetime, techwriter
>aquire typographic literacy? Anyboy got an idea?

I'm not sure I qualify as "Anyboy" (Defender of Truth and Justice?),
but you're stepping into quicksand if you've adopted a "too busy to
learn" lifestyle. You can work yourself into obsolescence pretty
quickly, and end up in a mode where it's hard to readjust and catch up.

If layout, book design, or font choice are part of your job, then
typography is part of your job. You're never too busy doing your
job to do your job. (Yet another scintillating Plamondon motto.)

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215