Re: Eyeburn

Subject: Re: Eyeburn
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 07:02:45 PDT

>Does anyone else experience eyeburn in the line of duty? I wonder about the
>long term effects. Has anyone read or heard of any research on this
>subject?

Yes. You probably ought to see a doctor about it, not because it's
likely to be life-threatening, but because you'll get the possibilities
narrowed down for you.

I've known several people whose eyes gave them pain after long sessions
at the CRT. Better lighting (that is, less lighting), better monitors,
BIGGER monitors, better office furniture, and glare reduction all help.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to see an optometrist while you're at it;
you may need new and improved optics.

Writing is painful enough without adding physical side effects!

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215