Re: Typographic literacy--a place to start

Subject: Re: Typographic literacy--a place to start
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 23:29:12 -0700

<fixed>> >>With tech writers being expected to be more involved in the

> >>final production of the books, they MUST acquire typographic literacy.

> And Dave Prior then asked:

> >How does a hard working, no freetime, techwriter

> acquire typographic literacy? Anybody got an idea?

I'm currently taking a typography course and think the text is
both interesting and useful. Retail price is $19.95. The text is:

<larger>Erik Spiekermann & E.M. Ginger, _Stop Stealing Sheep & find out
how type works_, Adobe Press, Mountain View, CA, 174 pp.,1993 (ISBN 0-
672-48543-5)

Sue Ellen