Re: Talking Mac

Subject: Re: Talking Mac
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 1995 09:49:38 -0400

> However, my DX4-100 not only has complete multimedia,
> 3-D CAD modeling and publishing capabilities, it also
> speaks and understands my voice commands.

I've been talking to my Mac, and it has been talking back for years. I was
using a program in 1987 that would read ascii text back to me. (Great for
proofreading lists of numbers. I would follow along on the hardcopy while my
Mac read off the list.)

Voice navigation, only recently available on the PC, has been around almost
seven years on the Mac.