Re: Imagination and Tech Writers Redux

Subject: Re: Imagination and Tech Writers Redux
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:24:00 PDT

Bill wrote originally:

>>OK, I'm a little short on imagination (I'm a tech writer after all)

Then following my long-winded but imaginative ;-) post...
he replied:

>That was intended as a joke.

Hey, Bill, I couldn't see your smile... :-)
If you add <gr> or :-) or otherwise indicate humor it makes
it easier for list readers to tell what your intentions are....

> So I won't suggest that either some tech
>writers (like me) have an off the wall sense of humor or that some tech
>writers (like you) could use a bit of the same.

Hee, hee. I'm pretty sure folks that have been reading my
replies to the list for a while are giggling at the suggestion
that I *don't* have an off-the-wall sense of humor.... :-)
What of my "famous" :-) "Why Did the Chicken Cross the
Road" Tech Writer Version (TM)? How soon the list forgets...
Sigh...

>However, some of your
>suggestions were outstanding. They have opened my mind in new and
>wonderous ways. Thank you very much :)

Your welcome very much. I enjoyed it. Your praise
warms the cockles of my heart, although I'm not sure
what cockles are. :-) (I'm not trying to start a
"cockles" thread.... No, no, don't start a "cockles"
thread....! Arrrgh!)
******
Rosie (NorthCrowe)
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com

P.S.
I apologize to the list for not replying to Bill directly.
I just want to take this moment for a recommendation
for folks to add their email addresses to their signatures.
I don't know if MS Mail is the only mailing program
that strips the mail address of the original sender and
replaces it with the list address, and I also don't know
how many people are, like I am, stuck with MS Mail
as their mail program at work or home. However,
I do know that I, personally, cannot reply to individuals
unless they email me directly or include their email
address in their mail message <sob>....