Cockles

Subject: Cockles
From: Wm Blank <wmblank -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 16:28:38 -0700

After a long convoluted exchange, Rose Wilcox wrote:

>Hee, hee. I'm pretty sure folks that have been reading my
>replies to the list for a while are giggling at the suggestion
>that I *don't* have an off-the-wall sense of humor.... :-)
>What of my "famous" :-) "Why Did the Chicken Cross the
>Road" Tech Writer Version (TM)? How soon the list forgets...
>Sigh...

Your praise
>warms the cockles of my heart, although I'm not sure
>what cockles are. :-) ...I'm...trying to start a
>"cockles" thread.... start a "cockles"
>thread....!

You heard it here first, folks. This is the "cockles" thread. Dedicated
to imaginative interpretations, promulgation, dissemination,
elucidation, mythology, history and general enjoyment of cockles and
cockles-lovers everywhere.

Though the temptation is strong to begin with a well-worn, time-honored
cockle of the past (like, "why did the cockle cross the road?") or a
Webstergated cliche (cockle, n., deep hidden place, repast, garret),
on behalf of Rose, this thread simply solicits your cockle-droppings of
whatever shade or persuasion wherever they might fall.

--Bill
wmblank -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com