QUERY: Style book

Subject: QUERY: Style book
From: Gururaj Rao <guru -at- GOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 16:24:55 -0400

Greetings techwriters,

I have been lurking here for a while, and this is my first posting
to this list. I am a technical translator (Japanese to English)
based in Japan, translating documents in various engineering
fields, but mostly related to shipbuilding. At times I am
called upon to deliver the translation in British English, and
here is my question:

Is there a British equivalent of the Chicago Manual of Style?
I am also looking for a shareware/commercial British spell checker.
Grateful for any information/pointers.

Looking forward to participating actively in this list.

With best wishes,
Gururaj Rao Transtech
Technical Translator Tel/Fax: 0438-36-7107
Naval Architecture & Marine Engg. E-mail: guru -at- gol -dot- com