Re: internet virus

Subject: Re: internet virus
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 06:44:30 -0500

First, it's a hoax. Forget it. It's been a hoax since
the last time it came around, but then the "virus" was
on AOL.

Second, please do not post virus warnings, computer
security warnings, or generic bug announcements in
information have other forums in which to get it; list
readers who just want technical communication
information have few other online resources.

Exception: Serious (deleting your files, formatting
your harddrive, etc.) bugs in software most of us use
could be reported. I'd lump Word, WordPerfect, Frame,
Interleaf and Pagemaker in that category.

Thanks!
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: internet virus
Author: Suzanne Lee <suzanne -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM> at SMTP
Date: 4/20/95 5:05 PM

A message just went around my company warning us about a new virus. It's
transmitted by an email message with the subject "good times." This virus
is transmitted when you open the mail and it destroys your harddrive. The
recommendation is to delete the message asap WITHOUT READING IT. Warn all
your friends and coworkers.

from Suzanne Lee - suzanne -at- autosim -dot- com
AutoSimulations, Inc. - Bountiful, UT
(801)298-1398 ext 333 fax (801)298-8186