Re: BOOKS: Updated Listing -- three cheers for Greg!

Subject: Re: BOOKS: Updated Listing -- three cheers for Greg!
From: "PICKETT-HARNER, Molly" <MOP1 -at- NIORDS1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 12:12:00 EST

Does anyone know why book stores (including Borders, my favorite for
technical writing, computer, reference, etc., bks [& cappuccino!]) <never>
want the ISBN number when special ordering books? Usually have & offer it
-- reply is always: "nope, don't need it; just give me title &/or author."

BTW: I second the 3 cheers for Greg & hope he will maintain an updated list.

Molly Pickett-Harner
mop1 -at- niords1 -dot- em -dot- cdc -dot- gov
harner -at- access -dot- mountain -dot- net
----------
[2nd - Greg said]
An auto search for ISBN numbers would be great! Especially considering the
area covered by the different recipients of TECHWR-L, ISBN numbers go a long
way towards finding a book easily.
<snip>
---------
[1st- Pat said:]
This is absolutely marvelous. If time permits, I will conduct LOCIS
(Library of Congress Information System) searches via the Net for
the missing publishers, ISBNs, etc., and post 'em.