Re: Converting a graphic from Mac to PC

Subject: Re: Converting a graphic from Mac to PC
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 09:39:00 PDT

>----------
>From: TECHWR-L
>To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
>Subject: Converting a graphic from Mac to PC
>Date: Friday, April 21, 1995 10:13AM

>Can anyone tell me how I can convert a graphic created in
>Adobe Illustrator into a .WPG file?

>Thanks for your time,

>Ralph

I'm assuming you're trying to go from the Apple Macintosh to a DOS
WordPerfect document?

I think you have to go from Adobe postscript to an encapsulated postscript
format, or .EPS. I'm not sure what .EPS is, really; I've heard it referred
to as "Postscript in a doggie-bag," which probably says it all.

If .EPS isn't an export option, other DOS formats would be .PCX, .GIF, .TIF,
.WMF, .BMP, .JPG... You might try various formats, because some are not as
robust as others, and your resolutions might vary considerably. I trust you
already have a network connection or a DOS drive on your Mac so that you can
get into a DOS file?

Once you have a DOS file, you should be able to import it into WordPerfect,
without converting to .WPG. If not, you're going to need to purchase Hijaak
or another conversion utility. I doubt Adobe exports to a .WPG format, but
maybe a Mac power-user out there can tell you more.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com

"Well, he ain't a hard man to track.
He leaves dead men wherever he goes."