Tech writing and journalism

Subject: Tech writing and journalism
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 23:58:14 -0700

>I don't believe journalism has anything to do with technical writing,
>besides the obvious point that both involve stringing words together
>in a coherent fashion.

I gather facts at their source, organize them, and recheck the
inconsistencies that emerge. Then I write about them. As I write I try to
give the reader understanding and perspective.

Good journalists do many of the same things. ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter