Re.: Shrink wrapped software

Subject: Re.: Shrink wrapped software
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 11:14:11 LCL

The other main use of "shrink wrap" that I've seen was for software
that you could use with any computer based on a certain operating
system, without "opening the shrink wrap and customizing the software
for that particular platform". I believe that this came from UNIX
before the OS became as "standard" as it currently is; as a result,
you couldn't create a single UNIX version that could run on any
version of the OS, and thus you couldn't shrink wrap the software.

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.