Re: Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?

Subject: Re: Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:30:24 -0700

>> cacheable? cachable? Which is correct?

> My first question would be what are you trying to say? I don't like the word
at
> all; I'm not sure there *is* such a word.

> But if there is, I would think the "e" would be required to soften the "ch".

The meaning is the easy part... "ability to be stored in
cache memory". Spelling is the hard part %-) !
My instinct tells me to go with the 'e' for recognizability's
sake. There probably is not an official 'written-down'
reference source as yet.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com