Proofreading

Subject: Proofreading
From: Barry West <Barry_West -dot- S2K -at- S2KEXT -dot- S2K -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 08:16:43 EDT

Yesterday I wrote:

><snip>I have know engineers who are very good writers. I have know
>engineers who are very poor writers. I have know writers who are very poor
>technically, and I have known writers who are extremely skilled technically
>(even though they have not been formally trained technically). <snip>

I should probably add to that "I have known writers who are very poor
proofreaders." Perhaps this could lend itself to several good threads, such as:

- The benefits of a good proofreader,
- The pitfalls of proofing docs on-screen, or
- Never trust a spellchecker.

;-)

Barry_West.S2K @ s2kext.s2k.com @ INTERNET