Re: Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?

Subject: Re: Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?
From: John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 12:09:46 PDT

Niche, bachelor, and machine all come to English from Latin through French,
so you can make a good case for "neesh" and "ma sheen'," but I can only
guess it's "batch' e ler" because of some arcane French (or British)
pronunciation rule. Machete is Spanish and should be pronounced "ma chet' e,
" although American dictionaries substitute a schwa for the "a" and permit
either ch or sh at the start of the second syllable.

John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.
Original Text