Re: Word Search

Subject: Re: Word Search
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 12:20:06 -0600

On Mon, 1 May 1995, Mark Levinson wrote:

> There is a phenomenon in the computer world where some users become
> unswervingly (Some say, "unthinkingly") loyal

> ** They get imprinted. Is that the word you were trying to think of?
> Like the little fowl who follow the first moving object that they
> see when they hatch, we users believe that the way our first
> word-processor acts is the way word-processors naturally should act.

This may be true, but if so, I'm glad this didn't happen to me. I would
still be using an ancient word-processor that is currently incompatible
with just about everything! I will admit to being more comfortable with
my PC (familiarity and frequency do factor in) but so far I haven't
fallen into the kind of thinking that polarizes so many PC and Mac users.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu