Re: UUENCODE

Subject: Re: UUENCODE
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 06:54:02 MST

Dave,

I answered Margaret directly when she posted this. I don't know
if what I told her helped at all, but just in case it did, I'll
repeat what I told her (and post it to the list, since others
may have the same question, as you did).

The obvious is true: you need UUDECODE to decode it.
^^
Ideally, you could use the same mail software that the
originator used to uuencode the file. One suggestion is to
contact the originator and ask him/her what was used.

Optionally (this is the one I'm not sure about), your own e-mail
software may have a uudecode option. If you can transfer or save
an e-mail message to a data file, try that and see what options
are availalble.

That's all I can really say about it. Hope it helps.

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=