Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 30 Apr 19

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 30 Apr 19
From: "Hiatt, Michel" <MHIATT -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 16:27:00 CDT

-Alex
-the frozen student, a decade in the making- wrote:

I am interested in importing x-windows captures into a WFW 6.0 file. Has
anyone done this? Does anyone know where I can locate a filter for Word
6.0 or an X-windows capturing program that might convert .xwd files to
.gifs, jpgs and so on. I would be very happy to hear from anyone with
expertise in this area. If you prefer to post to me privately, please
send mail to wilderland -at- aol -dot- com or szcz0002 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu -dot-

Mike Hiatt replies:

I have been capturing X-windows and pasting them into both AMI PRO and
ForeHelp (to create an on-line help system). I am running Exceed 4.0 and
dialing into an RS/6000 and running the program that I need to capture
windows from. I simply do an ALT+print screen and then paste the graphic
into AMI PRO for my hard copy document. For the help program I have been
pasting the graphic into Paint Shop Pro and then reducing the colors to
16 and resizing the graphic for use in the help. Hope this helps.

Mike Hiatt, Senior Technical Writer
mhiatt -at- intecom -dot- com
"All opinions are those of the writer
and are not those of the management."