Booting to Windows

Subject: Booting to Windows
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 09:22:36 -0600

In my previous message I forgot to respond to one other question related
to this thread about crashing Windows.

Arlen asked me if I had tested this. I will have to respond: Only
indirectly. I have worked on systems that were designed to boot both
ways. I have experienced far more crashes on systems that booted to
Windows. And so have several others I have asked. My system at home
boots to DOS. In the nearly three years since I set it up, my system has
only crashed maybe a dozen times. My worst offender seems to be
WordPerfect 6a. (I use both WordPerfect and MS Word for Windows,
depending on my task, but prefer MS Word.) I do have 16 MB RAM, which may
help also since memory problems seem to be my main difficulty.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu