If you can't lick 'em, join 'em

Subject: If you can't lick 'em, join 'em
From: Jennie Achtemichuk <jennie -dot- achtemichuk -at- MCCAW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 11:18:22 -0700

Albert Krahn wrote: Perhaps we could rename technical communicators
to Word Engineers. Then they might get more respect and
more pay.

I'd rather not have "engineer" attached to my title unless I'm in
one of the traditional engineering fields. Haven't you heard the
jokes about new titles given to janitors and other fields?

My experience with engineers has been positive because, in my book,
we're peers. I treat them like peers, and find they return the
respect.

Besides, I work with more than words these days. So technical
communicator is just fine by me.

Here's to the weekend :-)

Jennie Achtemichuk
Independent Consultant