If you can't lick 'em...

Subject: If you can't lick 'em...
From: "Everman, Daniel" <evermad -at- TTC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 09:35:26 EST

About the title "engineer"...

My job position was created by the company I work for when they needed
someone to do on-line Help. My title is "Publications Engineer". As
far as I know my title is unique. In our company at least there are
decided advantages to having "Engineer" as part of your job title, as
engineers are compensated differently and have better bonus structures
than most other employees. It also sounds like a big deal.

Note that there has been some hubbub lately from engineering societies
regarding the use of the term "engineer", because technically the
title should only be held by persons who have completed a certified
engineering course of studies. Some companies have backed off on
their use of the title because of this, rather than alienate those in
engineering academe.

That's my two cents' worth.

Dan Everman
evermad -at- TTC -dot- COM