Re: Converting Ventura docs to Frame

Subject: Re: Converting Ventura docs to Frame
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 00:05:07 -0400

On Fri, 5 May 1995, David Demyan wrote about the "seriously flawed"
Ventura filter in Frame4...
> Frame absolutely throws away anything that comes
> from the Ventura .vgr, .gen, and .pub files, rendering many features
> useless in the converted docs...
> The bottom line for me is that you can repost your original answer
> a dozen times, I (and others) would probably still look for a better
> solution that the standard Frame converter.

To add insult to injury, those of us who are motivated to do a little
programming to improve the Ventura filter, and its ill bred kin, don't
have that as a realistic option. In Word, the developer's kit is <$50.
In Frame4, the developer's kit is >$1,000.

As much as I like using Frame4, I really do wonder about their way of
doing business.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851