Re. Typeover mode

Subject: Re. Typeover mode
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:28:28 LCL

Roy Johnson asked about whether or not to describe "typeover" (as
opposed to "insert") mode in his book on computerized writing. I've
only used this mode by accident (i.e., hitting the insert key instead
of the home key) in going on 15 years of computerized writing. (No,
I'm not that old... I was one of the original nerds, but sans pocket
protector). You could mention it to be complete, and let readers find
their own solutions, but I think this function is a holdover from the
days when you couldn't select text using the keyboard (e.g., hold down
shift and scroll down through the file with the arrow keys) and type
to replace it.

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.

Previous by Author: Re. Informal/ungrammatical posts on this list
Next by Author: Re. virgules
Previous by Thread: Re. Informal/ungrammatical posts on this list
Next by Thread: Re. virgules

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads