Help! Software sugg. for eng. to do editing with

Subject: Help! Software sugg. for eng. to do editing with
From: Dianne Driskell <ddriskel -at- CS -dot- UTEXAS -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 09:39:05 -0500

Somewhere back in my brain I remember the group covering this but, of course,
I didn't save it because I didn't need it then.

Problem: Engineers want to edit the text in soft (digital) copy.
The writers want to be able to see
where the suggested changes were made and possibly
have the changes ranked in some way (color of text?) to show if it's a
very important correction or less important correction. I think they are using
Word 6.0.

Actually, the writers want the engineers to have only hard copy but that
didn't fly.

Software suggestions please!

Dianne Driskell
Publications Office