Re: THE MOST UNKINDEST CUT

Subject: Re: THE MOST UNKINDEST CUT
From: Bonnie Bradley <bbradley -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 17:25:36 -0700

On Wed, 10 May 1995, Michael LaTorra wrote:

> I've been seeing more and more typos and grammatical errors in magazine
> and book text these days

> Does anyone else get the impression that editing standards in major
> publications have been falling of late?

It's been at least a couple of years since I failed to find at least one
typo or grammatical error in my recreational reading. Most of these ARE
the sort that spelling and grammar checkers miss. I've assumed that
editors are less concerned with perfection and more concerned with their
budgets.

Bonnie