Re: Need quick but excellent Eng. to Japanese translation

Subject: Re: Need quick but excellent Eng. to Japanese translation
From: Alex McCarney <mccarnea -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 21:45:17 GMT

In article <9505011352 -dot- AA05256 -at- finch -dot- syl -dot- nj -dot- nec -dot- com>, lmr -at- syl -dot- nj -dot- nec -dot- com
says...

>I am in NJ, and am looking for a company that can provide excellent but
>inexpensive translation services for a Unix (software) Administator's
Guide
>from English to Japanese.

Usually, excellent and inexpensive are mutually exclusive! ;-)

I also need relatively quick turn-around.
>I was at the conference where there were a number of exhibiting
companies;
>however, I avoided them, since I thought our Tokyo office would take
care of
>the
>translation! I arrived in the office on Thursday, to find out that we
>were notified on Wed. that our Tokyo office does not have the money or
>resources!

My recommendation to you would be to contact your local ATA (American
Translators' Association) chapter. They would be able to provide you with
the names of accredited companies or individuals that could take on your
job.

--
Alex McCarney : mccarnea -at- cognos -dot- com
Technical Writer : (613) 738-1440 (x3360)