TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
My address is still ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu -dot- If you
have problems or questions, mail to me, not to the
whole list. If you have comments about misdirected
messages, such as a database search, direct them to the
original poster or to me, not to the list. Sending them
to the list wastes everyone's time.
Not to be deliberately rude, but I can't find a nicer
way to say this other than:
If you are reading this message, these rules apply to
If you are so aware that something is inappropriate
that you say so in the subject, THEN PLEASE DON'T POST
IT. If you aren't sure where to post a query, please
ask me. I'd be happy to help.
I'm not terribly concerned about an isolated irrelevant
posting or accidental post--I am concerned about the
probable ensuing discussions which continue forever.
* If it is about technical communication and of general
interest, post it.
* If it is about technical communication and humorous,
* If it doesn't relate to technical communication,
don't post it.
* If it is a personal message to a single subscriber,
don't post it. Even if mail to that person bounces.
* If it isn't of general interest to TECHWR-L subscribers,
don't post it. "I agree" falls into this category.
* If you aren't sure, don't post it.
* If it relates to language use but not technical
communication, it probably isn't appropriate.
* If it continues an irrelevant thread in any way
(rebuttal, rebuke, rerun, revision, remark), don't
* Direct all commentary about this message to my
address, not the list.
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu