Re: Consultants Pay

Subject: Re: Consultants Pay
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 14:45:35 -0700

Jonathon Leer <jleer -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM> wrote:

>* How are you billing travel time when you travel to a client for
>meetings, on-site work (not the daily commute) when you are doing work
>out of your own office (different location from clients)?

I charge my full rate for travel time. After all, that's time that I
can't devote to any *other* client. Besides, I usually spend at least
part of the flight reading background materials or writing memos or
whatever.

>* How do you handle payment for work done over the Internet either for
>remote clients or payment to remote vendors (e.g., illustrators,
editors,
>writers)

Don't know, the situation hasn't come up yet. Let me know what you find
out.

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com