Re: ISBN

Subject: Re: ISBN
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 07:56:31 -0400

>I need to request an ISBN number for a freelance project I'm working on,
>and I've never done this before. Can anyone tell me how this process
>works, how long it takes, or where to start? I'd appreciate any
>suggestions. Thanks,

>Lisa Battle
>cbattle -at- comp -dot- uark -dot- edu

ISBN (International Standard Book Number) numbers can be obtained from R. R.
Bowker. They used to be in New York, but I believe they've moved. I think
their 800 number is 800-521-8110. Their old number was 212-337-6971 and I
believe you can get their current number by calling it. You can't get just
one ISBN. You have to pay for a minimum number (I believe it is 100) and it
will cost you about $150.

If appropriate you might think instead of getting an ISSN (International
Standard Serial Number). This is free and you apply for it through the
Library of Contress, National Serials Data Program, Washington, DC
20540-4160, Tel: 202-707-6452).

--Yvette