User interface

Subject: User interface
From: Margaret Gerard <margaret%mailhost -at- TOSHIBA -dot- TIC -dot- OZ -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 17:48:25 --1000

Hi Techwhirlers,

In past discussions of the scope of tech writer work, people have
occasionally mentioned being involved in the design and creation of the
user interface for the system they are documenting.

This responsibility is about to become part of my happy lot.

One tool under consideration is "Open Interface Elements" from a US company
called Neuron Data. The tool is used to place elements like push buttons,
radio buttons, scroll bars, data entry fields etc. in a window (and link
to database). Has anybody used "Open Interface Elements"? Would you mind
sharing your experiences?

Can anybody point me to any other tool for this purpose?

Is there an Internet group for user interface design?

Thanks in anticipation,
Margaret Gerard email:margaret -at- toshiba -dot- tic -dot- oz -dot- au