No Divisiveness Allowed?

Subject: No Divisiveness Allowed?
From: Vince Putman <PUTMV -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 17:30:41 CST

Hey all you Word Groupies, Techno-Weenie WireHeads, and those with hidden
agenda:

Are TECHWR-Lers restricted to discussions about comma placements, or can we
pontificate on the complete extents of our profession? I have heard tales
of censorship, not Netiquette, but attempts to placate those who lurk on
the list with a lit fuse looking for a target. I say there are very few of
those types and this newsgroup list should NOT cater to them.

Sure, some issues require diplomacy, but why set up any taboo? All we have
to do is avoid the use of insults and threats as the means to make our
point. Differences are good for gaining insight and expanding our little
worlds. Boredom is the true enemy of this list, or any other when rhetoric
is subdued! Flames produce negative results only when personal attacks are
used.

I think we have much unresolved business to air. Like, is it too late to
improve our profession and image?

BTW, is name-calling OK?? Like "Techno-Weenie WireHead with an overt
agenda". You'all know my signature quote:

Vince Putman in Houston | Insults are the last weapons of those
PutmV -at- mail -dot- syntron -dot- com | who have been defeated by the facts.
713-647-7223 FAX 579-7709 | (Facetious Innuendo :-)