Tip sheets for complex procedures

Subject: Tip sheets for complex procedures
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 15:15:47 PDT

> The most commonly performed procedures will be quickly memorized
> and mastered through repetition. Tip sheets on those will just as
> quickly become unnecessary. However, tip sheets for the less
> common or more complex procedures will be used more throughout
> the life of the product.

Yes, but the tips that you *know *will be needed are the ones that new
users need, and everyone's a new user at first. At that point, there's
so much going on that quick access to tips will be greatly
appreciated.

Not that I think the common tips should be the only ones put on cards;
I personally think it would be futile to divide the tips into what the
*authors* feel are comon and less-common ones.

. . . I guess I've argued about interface with programmers so long
that I get nervous whenever someone says anything that sounds even
remotely like "Once people get to know the program they'll understand
what this means."

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com