Re: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION

Subject: Re: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 10:38:42 CDT

"Correction" Corrected

> CORRECTION:

> Stephen Victor writes:
> +

> + > I believe you have to think of operating systems like governments.
> + > (By analogy, the OS could be thought of as the computer's government, I
> + guess.)
> + > For example, you would say "Taxes were raised under the Reagan
> + administration." ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> "Taxes were cut under the Reagan administration."
> "Taxes were raised during the Bush administration." ... and
> "Taxes continue to be raised under the Clinton administration."

> Please send flames to /dev/null or directly to me at:

> jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com

> Thanks for not jamming the list with flames.

Au contraire, Stephen Victor did not write the above. He merely quoted it.
Indeed, he too wondered why the writer was under the impression that taxes had
been raised during the Reagan administration, since the hallmark of that
administration was tax cutting (along with military spending). Now Stephen
Victor is wondering what is possessing him to write of himself in the third
person. :)

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA