Subject: AutoCorrect
From: "Cepek, Marta" <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 15:18:40 -0400

Arthur Comings wanted to know, when using Word's AutoCorrect, what you do
when you *want* the word that will be automatically corrected.

>But how do you write something containing "field" -- turn off AC and
>then turn it back on again?

My fingers always seem to type "filed" when I'm trying to write "field".
Ditto for "form" when I mean "from". Since these are two typos I *know* I
make regularly, I've set Word's AutoCorrect to change them, even though
there will be times when I actually need to type "form" or "filed". As soon
as AC corrects it, I block the transposed letters *only* and retype them
(not the whole word). Then I return the cursor to the point where I left
off. This works because AC only makes the correction *after* you've typed
the space (it just occurred to me that it might also correct after typing a
hypen -- I've never tested this). If you change the word back to the
original *without* typing a space after, the word will not be auto-corrected.


Previous by Author: Re: Greetings and Hallucinations, all!
Next by Author: Re: Frame vs. Publisher vs. ?
Previous by Thread: re.: May 5 message "Specs from Heaven"
Next by Thread: [no subject]

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads