[no subject]

From: Ronni Perry <Ronni -dot- Perry -at- DL-NOTES -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 10:07:00 -0400

As a new list subscriber, I'm hoping to get two questions answered for
the price of one.

First, does anyone know where or how I can find out about online
technical writing training? I'm interested in installing computer-based
training in my company because I'm the only technical writer in a
building of hundreds of engineers who write documents for a living.
Would be interested in CD-ROM, shareware/freeware, or companies that
develop customized training for online delivery.

Second, how can we distinguish between customers and users? A new TQM
group here is trying to determine exactly who our documents are written
for, and the definitions are important. Are we just playing with words
or do you see a real difference?

If you like, you can respond to my email address:

Ronni -dot- Perry -at- DL-Notes -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- sprint -dot- com

Many thanks,

Ronni Perry
TRW Environmental Safety Systems Inc.