Re: A modest proposal

Subject: Re: A modest proposal
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 20 May 1995 00:03:54 EDT

On Fri, 19 May 1995 08:52:59 -0700 you wrote:

>How about closing CDROM? Then you can say CDROM-based. I think the hyphen
>(or space) in CD-ROM has outlived its usefulness. ...RM

How about just dropping the "ROM" altogether? If you really think about it,
not only are are "CD" and "ROM" redundant, but if you really get down to
picking nits, a CD is not Read-Only Memory. A Read-Only Storage Medium,
perhaps... and even that's only temporary, as recordable, eraseable CDs become
more widely available.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446