HELP: Tag Line

Subject: HELP: Tag Line
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 17:02:32 MST

Help! I need your suggestions.
I'm volunteering desktop publishing services to a non-profit
animal adoption agency. The only services I'm providing are
document design and layout, and printing of master pages.
Printing/reproduction services are not included.

My only stipulation is that my name appear somewhere on the
document (usually at the bottom of the last page in 8-pt type).
Ideally, I'd like to have a standard tag line I can use on all
documents, no matter what they are. Right now what I've done is
a 3-panel brochure that says "Brochure design donated by Beverly
Parks, 1995" and a one-page pet adoption agreement that says
"Form design by Beverly Parks, 1995."

I'd like to know your ideas on the following:

- Is a standard tag line preferred over a customized-by-
document-type tag line?

- Is it important/necessary to use the word "donated" in
the tag line?

If you have any suggestions for tag lines, I'd like to hear
them!

A very brief background: My desktop publishing work is not a
business--it's just me and my computer doing nice things for
nice people. My objective is to use volunteer opportunities to
build a portfolio. (Even with 20 years under my belt, government
jobs aren't as secure as they once were.) The tag line serves
two purposes: it provides proof (however tenuous) that the
documents are indeed my creation, and it gets my name out in the
public eye and associated with document design. The first
purpose is for the portfolio, the second purpose is for
exposure.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Bev Parks

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=