Re: Citing a radio broadcast

Subject: Re: Citing a radio broadcast
From: Barb Miller <millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 07:33:54 MDT

kc asked:

"How do I site a radio broadcast? I heard a expert speaking on the radio on the
way to work and need to site some of his ideas in a report I have due. PLEASE
HELP!!"

I would suggest ordering a transcript of the broadcast and citing the
transcript, although my Chicago Manual of Style does not list a transcript
format. I would suggest

author, name of show, then say "text of speech on (subject)." City,
State, date. Transcript (or Radio broadcast)

Barbara Miller
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov