Re: Re[2]: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION

Subject: Re: Re[2]: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION
From: James Mathewson <math0038 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 12:18:03 -0500

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Janet Valade wrote:

> pointing out actual facts: *my* personal income taxes *increased* after the
> >fabled tax reduction from the Gipper. Again, this is simply a report of an
> >actual observed fact,

> Ditto. My personal taxes went up a LOT with the Reagan "reduction". My
> taxes went down with the Clinton "increase".

> Janet
> jvalade -at- calstatela -dot- edu

I'll ditto that ditto and I'll raise you a same again, with one
addition. My taxes went up 20 per cent in the Bush admin. My salary did
not appreciably increase. Because Bush pushed a bill through congress
that reduced the amount taken out of each check in his last days, I just
paid off my horrendous 1992 tax bill. My '93 and '94 tax bills were slight
by comparison. Of course, I'm just a working stiff. Those people who can
actually pay their tax bills off with a stroke of the pen have been hit
harder lately. They're the ones who can afford to pay lobbyists to wine
and dine Newt and Bob (and write it off on their 1040s as a business
expense).

Flame me on the list for Vince fodder.

james {:>l3