Re: Frame vs. Publisher vs.

Subject: Re: Frame vs. Publisher vs.
From: Grant Lowe <Grant_Lowe -at- CPQM -dot- SAIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 13:27:42 U

Hi. It's me again. I just want to say thanks to everybody for all your
input. It looks like I'll be getting Frame sometime in the next week or so.
We were going to use Word, but when we found out we couldn't do the following,
we changed our collective mind:

1) Word can't do external file cross-references. This nixed the idea of
using breaking up my heavily bit-mapped files into smaller, more manageable
files.

2) Word can't do portrait headers and footers with landscape text. This is
important as we have lots of sample reports that get printed in landscape.
Word art can only do one page at a time, a fairly severe limitation.

3) We want our headers and footers to reference the most current section
headers. Word uses cross-references that are hard-coded.

4) The vast majority of you recommended it. This reason may sound silly, but
considering the type of work we do, you all carry a lot more weight than you
realize.

Thanks again.

grant