Re: Scripts & voice over

Subject: Re: Scripts & voice over
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 22:34:58 -0400

>>Where can I get information about
(1) producing scripts for videos (marketing and other) and
(2) finding a "good" person to read the script for the voice over?

The subject matter is scientific testing and evaluation and other
research and development.

How can I find someone in my company who has an appropriate voice to
do the narration? (And how do I know the difference between a good
voice and a so-so voice?)

Is there a different list I should query or a Web site I should
visit?<<

I'll second those who have referred you to the pros. Doing videos "on your
own" is just about as effective as manuals written by engineers.

All audiences in the US and other developed countries are SPOILED. They
expect video to be "broadcast quality," the equivalent of what appears in
prime time from the networks. Amateur work is forgiven only when it appears
on Hard Copy et.al. or America's Funniest Home Videos. The loss of
credibility caused by "cheap" video production makes this method far and away
the most expensive way of communicating your information.

GOOD video, however, can be one of the most cost-effective methods. The
up-front costs are high; you'll have to sell the bottom line. Good luck!

Sue Stewart
suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com